These rules are intended to ensure the peaceful enjoyment of all users of Haw Wood Farm Caravan & Camping Park. The expression ‘you/your’ refers to the caravan owner/occupier, the expression ‘we/us’ refers to the park owners.
You are reminded that breach of these rules is a breach of your licence agreement or permission to stay at the park, and may result in termination of the licence agreement and/or eviction from the park.
Please make sure that anyone using the Caravan is aware of the Park Rules.
- USE OF FACILITIES IS ENTIRELY AT USERS RISK. THE OWNERS ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE OR ACCIDENT HOWSOEVER CAUSED.
- Only units i.e. tents, motorised caravans and caravans of proprietary manufacture which conform to the definitions contained in the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960, and the Caravan Sites Act 1968, Mobile Homes Act 1983 and comply to current British Standards are accepted.
- Everyone using the park is required to comply with the regulations of the site licence, water authority or any other statutory authority.
- For security and safety reasons everyone must register at the office this includes those on long term agreements and static owners.
- Occupiers must ensure their unit has valid, at least third party liability insurance cover with a reputable insurer. Fully comprehensive cover is strongly advised.
- No commercial enterprise, club or business activity may take place on the park, other than that authorised in writing by the owner.
- Licence holders and those in long term agreements are required to notify us of any change of address or contact details so that we may keep our records up to date.
- The unit may only be used for holiday purposes by the occupier and members of their permanent household, immediate family and bona fide guests, (and in the event for the occupation of such a number of persons shall not exceed the specified number of berths).
- Sub-letting of any kind is not permitted.
- The occupier should not permit waste water to be discharged upon the ground. The use of a hose is forbidden except in the case of fire.
- Your caravan may not be used as your main residence and we reserve the right to ask you to provide evidence of your home address.
- You should use the park safely and not cause danger to others.
- You should obey all health and safety notices displayed on the park and act on the reasonable instructions of park staff in matters of health and safety.
- The season runs from 1st March until 14th January
- Please respect the privacy of other caravan owners and campers by keeping noise to a minimum between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am.
- We are entitled to eject from the park anyone who persistently acts in a manner likely to upset or annoy other users of the park or our staff, or who is guilty of a criminal offence.
- The park is part of a wider estate and as such the behaviour standards extend to all employees and property owned and operated by the estate.
- Under no circumstances is hot water to be taken out of the toilet block.
- Fireworks are not permitted on the site.
- Firearms may only be brought onto the site with our prior approval.
- Fire points may not be used for improper purposes such as washing vehicles and water fights.
- You must not use a drone, powered model aircraft or any other powered flying object on the park.
- You must not use any Chinese Lanterns.
- You may not ride bicycles and scooters (or similar) so as to cause a nuisance or undue noise.
LITTER & REFUSE DISPOSAL
- Only household refuse should be placed in the bins provided. Bulky items such as mattresses, awnings, furniture and so on should be taken to the local Household Waste Recycling Centre. Anyone caught placing inappropriate waste in the bins will be charged for its disposal.
- No hot ashes should be deposited in the bins. Cooled ashes should be deposited in the marked ash bins provided.
- All cardboard boxes should be compressed to minimise the space they take up in the bins.
- A Recycle point for Glass is available by the main gates and you should use these facilities where appropriate. Please respect the instructions on the receptacle.
- Garden and green waste should be taken to the supplied trailer - UNBAGGED. Under no circumstances should it be dumped in ditches or hedges.
- Do not introduce any foreign items into the drainage system including cleaning cloths, babies nappies, sanitary towels, condoms, cooking fat, engine oil, grease, paint or baby wipes. These should be bagged and placed in the bins provided.
STATE OF CARAVANS
- Caravans must be kept in sound and clean condition. Decoration and external colour must be maintained to a reasonable standard. Wheels should not be removed, nor the unit repositioned without permission.
- Nothing may be displayed in the windows or on the exterior of the caravan except its number or a nameplate of a reasonable size.
BUILDING & GROUND WORKS
- You are responsible for keeping the area around your caravan clean and tidy at all times. You must also keep the area underneath the unit clear.
- No external alteration of or addition to the caravan or pitch is permitted without our prior consent in writing. This includes any decks, slabs, paving and fences.
- The planting of trees and shrubs is subject to the owner’s prior approval of types and position. Trees and shrubs may not be cut down, removed or damaged. Any form of vandalism is unacceptable.
- You must not dig any hole or damage any surface vegetation on the site.
END OF SEASON
- It is your responsibility to drain down and prepare your caravan for the winter.
- All gas electric and water connections must be switched off.
- During the closed season the curtains of your caravan should be drawn back and all items of value removed.
- During the closed season the caravan will be stored entirely at the owner’s risk and the park owner shall not be responsible in any way whatsoever for any loss of or damage to the caravan or its contents, however caused.
- You must not change the colour of the exterior of the Caravan without our prior consent in writing.
- Connecting static caravans to services is our responsibility and consists of external pipe work from ground level to bottom of van. Any internal work to make said connection possible is your responsibility and not included in the initial cost, but could possibly be arranged by the manager at a reasonable price.
- Occupiers are responsible for ensuring both electrical and gas installations and appliances comply at all times with the requirements of the Institution of Electrical Engineers and/or other appropriate authorities. All units must be properly earthed.
- Static Caravans on the main field have a 6 Amp (1440 Watts) maximum supply, those in the lower field have 16 Amp (3840 Watts). Voltage and regularity of supply is not guaranteed.
- If you experience a problem with the electrical, gas or water system please contact us and do not attempt to work on the park electrical, gas or water systems yourself.
- Care must be taken in the siting of any washing lines to ensure that they do not present a nuisance or hazard to other users of the park and must be taken down when the unit is unoccupied for more than 24 hours.
- Washing machines are not to be installed in caravans and biological washing powders must not be introduced to the waste water.
- Please drive all vehicles carefully on the park not exceeding the speed limit of 5 mph.
- Only vehicles, trailers and accessories that are road legal and fully insured are permitted on the park.
- You are not permitted to give anyone driving lessons on the park and learner drivers are not permitted to drive on the park.
- It is not permitted to charge electric vehicles on your pitch or anywhere around the park. Electric vehicle charging is available at the Darsham petrol station.
- Pets are allowed at our discretion, your licence agreement contains undertakings not to cause any nuisance, undue noise or disturbance. These extend to the behaviour of pets and animals.
- Permission for a pet may be withdrawn if it is found to be a nuisance.
- You must keep your dog on a lead at all times on the park.
- You must clean up if your animal defecates on the park.
- The occupier is responsible for the conduct of children in his/her custody and of visitors.
- Please ensure they respect the privacy and tranquillity of the park.
- Children are not allowed to play in or around the toilet block, water points or surrounding ditches.
- Games likely to cause a nuisance to other park users are permitted only in the areas designated.
- Large kites/sports kites must not be flown on the park due to the potential risk of injury to other users
- You may not use skateboards, roller skates, rollerblades, micro scooters, or Segway’s at the park.
- The park address should not be used for deliveries of post or goods without the prior consent of the manager and then permission will only be granted for deliveries of large bulky goods intended to be used exclusively on the site.
- Any unexpected delivery will be refused.
- For the safety and security of your caravan and of everyone else’s your caravan should be equipped as a very minimum with a 1kg fire extinguisher. We would recommend a larger one, a fire blanket and a smoke detector.
- All equipment must be maintained in good condition and full working order.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all occupants are familiar with the location of the fire points and the contents of the fire notices displayed at each point.
- No fuels or combustible materials other than LPG containers may be stored on the park.
HAULAGE CARAVANS & STATIC TOURERS
- All caravans on long term agreements must have working tow hitches and tyres inflated.
- Any caravan must have ground sheets taken up when not occupied.
- If the caravan is to be unoccupied for more than 5 days all awnings should be dismantled. Any awning left up may be dismantled by the site and no responsibility will be accepted for any damage caused.
- All caravans and motor homes must be capable of being moved at any time. If any security devices are used a key must be left at the site office.
These rules are subject to change at any time. If we do change them then new copies will be on display at the Reception Building. Licence holders and other on long term agreements will be notified in writing to the address on your licence.
We like to be social
Sign up to our newsletter so we can keep in touch